Friday, January 15, 2010

I can't believe it's already friday!



This week feels like it went by so fast. I tried to take a picture of my residence outside but it's kind of hard. There are two buildings in the front like you see, with the security booth in the middle where it says "Residence". Then there are two buildings parallel to the front two in the back that Temple students are in. I'm in the back left.

So today was a bit more "chill" if you will. We didn't wake up until noon again. haha. Went to school to configure our laptops so we can use their internet and printers. But I think I'm going to keep my laptop home and just use their computer lab. Later we had a meeting for tips on Italian life and living but we had several hours to kill so the roommates and I went out for a very late lunch, more like a dinner, and then some coffee and a cornetta (croissant). We got dinner at Pizza Rustica down the street from our school and literally a block from Piazza del Popolo. Our coffee experience was....a learning experience we'll say. I took pictures of all of us "enjoying" our "delicious" "coffee".



Happy as a clam!



Ashley drank it down like a champ. But we're definitely not revisiting that coffee experience. haha.



Kate actually liked the cafe macchiato. It's basically black coffee with a drop of milk. Super strong.

After that we walked to Piazza del Popolo to hang out before our meeting. It was beautiful at night!





Short one tonight. Need to wake up before noon tomorrow to get come more groceries. haha. Hope everyone is doing well and don't forget to comment and tell me what you think and what you want to see!

2 comments:

  1. Oh il mio dio che Lei ha trovato vedere il Pantheon! And you even let us see the hole in the ceiling...I'm so jealous! You and the Olsen twins look fabulous...don't you remember them from Full House...Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen? Larry wants some pictures of the Italian women!
    Larry and Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen
    Your pictures look great - if you get a chance
    take some of your school and don't forget the
    "grocery store" (for Lib).
    I read my Rick Steves again and he wrote about
    a cheap clothing outlet near Vatican Museum called "Oviesse" - on the corner of Via Candia and Via Mocenigo) if you get a chance check it
    out!
    How do you like Larry's Italian?
    I'll guess I'll take that Italian class so I can understand what he's writing-haha!
    How's your Italian - talking with the locals?
    Thanks for the pic of your residence.
    I really enjoy reading what you girls are eating.
    Arrivederci

    ReplyDelete