Sunday, January 17, 2010

Part 1: TODI



CIAO!!

I decided to break my day up by the two places I went to today. First of which was Todi, a medieval hill town in the Umbria region. It took about almost two hours by bus to get to Todi. We left around 8am (That's 2am in States..!!). Once we got there we were left to wander around on our own for 2 hours. The town is absolutely beautiful but today was foggy and dizzly at times. Hopefully the pictures will do it justice. Enjoy!





I call this one "The Blessed Kate" haha.













This is Todi's Piazza del Popolo. Same area where "The Blessed Kate" picture was taken.





My roommates going up a sidewalk only street. The whole town is only streets with very few sidewalks, and pedestrians share the road with cars that can only go one way. So you are always looking out for cars, even in the strangest spots.

Todi was small but very picturesque, if the fog was lifted you would be able to see how amazing the rolling landscapes look in their vastness. The fog, dizzly rain, and really COLD temperatures kinda put a damper on the day but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen
    Love these pictures - especially the "blessed
    Kate" one - can you imagine living here
    hundreds of years ago? (No cars!) Do people
    actually live and work here? I love the
    picture of the stairwell. Can't wait to
    see the rest of your pictures.
    I'll check back later.
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete